I remember exactly where I was when I started putting together my very first baby registry. I was sitting on my Mama’s couch in her living room with my laptop cracked open feeling like I was learning a whole new language. How many baby items could there possibly be??! A lot. A heckofalot. I asked for recommendations from friends on Facebook (which still tends to be the gold standard for new moms), and one item that came up over and over was the pack and play playpen for babies. The Pack ‘n Play is just okay. I used one for my kiddos, but y’all there’s something new and improved in the world of baby playpen designs called the Pop N Go Playpen and I’m gonna spill the beans before it even hits stores! Right. Now.
Full Disclosure: I received a free Pop N Go in exchange for this review, but I only share items with you that I use and LOVE. Read on to see why this item hits all the sweet spots for a baby product.
Pop N Go Playpen
The Pop N Go Playpen hits all the right buttons for me. I could seriously talk about it all day because it’s a rock star, but you don’t want to hear me rambling about why I love it. You want to know if you are gonna love it for your little ones. So in true Minimalist fashion I’m going to give you the highlights in a quick, easy to read list.
It’s super (super!) easy to set up.
- You will take the playpen out of the carry bag holding it by its top piece and firmly pump the locking mechanism down one time. That’s it. Literally. The Pop N Go practically does it all by itself. All you have to do is lock it in the open position by pressing one button.
It’s fully enclosed.
- This feature makes the Pop N Go playpen a winner because it’s perfect for taking younger siblings to the ballfields, camping, spending time outside while mom works in the yard, sitting by the pool, or at the beach.
- The walls of the Pop N Go playpen are made of mesh which allows airflow to be maintained. One mesh panel unzips to act as a door for kiddos or adults to crawl inside and out of the playpen.
- Pair the mesh feature with the 100% UV Protected sun shade canopy on top and harmful rays and pesky critters are completely blocked from bothering your little ones while they play.
It comes with a self-inflating mattress that’s also waterproof.
- This is possibly the coolest thing ever. All mom has to do is place the mattress inside the play yard and unscrew the cap on the play pen mattress. The mattress inflates itself- fast! (I told you- coolest thing ever!) No cumbersome air pump to tote around with you, and baby stays comfortable on the waterproof play yard mattress. If your toddler spills her juice, or has a potty accident you just wipe it away. The creator of this play pen seriously thought of everything! I mean- have you ever tried to wash a Pack ‘n Play? You can’t.
It will keep your kids occupied for hours.
- Okay, maybe it’s just my kids, but they keep themselves entertained in their new “clubhouse” as they call it for hours on end whenever I bring it out. The beauty of it is that I can easily take it anywhere for them and quickly set it up. My oldest recently caught herself a lizard, crawled inside the Pop N Go play pen and zipped the two of them inside so that she could watch it climbing the walls without it being able to get away. Pretty genius homeschool idea right there, y’all! I love that she can go in and out all by herself. The Pack ‘n Play we had forced me to lift them in and out each time they were ready to adventure out of the play yard or back inside.
The Pop N Go playpen may be the best Mother’s Day gift currently on the market. It’s not sentimental, but it’s practical as heck. Get yours on Indigogo by clicking here. You’ll be using this play yard all summer long with your baby, and each time you’ll be glad you did. Heck- you could even purchase a second one for your pets as a convenient bed that folds away.
What item would you recommend to a new mom for her baby shower registry?
Let me know in the comments below!
Get your free copy of my ebook!
Subscribe below and your free copy of MamaBear's Decluttering Guide & Workbook for Busy Mamas Who Need Change will be emailed to you right away! Good luck, mama!