With temperatures cooling down (finally), indoor activity season is beginning. Reading definitely tops my favorites list of things to do while stuck inside the house so I thought it would be a good time for me to share my book list for the beginner Minimalist. Keep in mind you can find almost all of these titles at your local library, and some of these books can even be found on Audible. If you are interesting in trying Audible, you’ll get 2 free audiobooks and a 30 day FREE trial when you use my link! I’ve also included links to the books if you would like to purchase your own copy. I prefer a tangible book in my hands when I’m reading, plus, I like to have a hard copy so that I can highlight or take notes on the side.
Post contains affiliate links. If you decide to purchase the item through my link provided then I receive a very small commission on the sale. Thank you for supporting my blog!
1. “The More of Less: Finding the Life You Want Under Everything You Own,” Joshua Becker
2. “Let It Go: Downsizing Your Way to a Richer, Happier Life,” Peter Walsh
3. “Everything That Remains: A Memoir by The Minimalists,” Joshua Fields Millburn and Ryan Nicodemus
4. “Almost Amish: One Woman’s Quest for a Slower, Simpler, More Sustainable Life,” Nancy Sleeth
6. “Miss Minimalist: Inspiration to Downsize, Declutter, and Simplify,” Francine Jay
7. “The Joy of Less: A Minimalist Guide to Declutter, Organize, and Simplify,” Francine Jay
8. “Essential: Essays by The Minimalists,” Joshua Fields Millburn and Ryan Nicodemus
9. “Minimalism: Live a Meaningful Life,” Joshua Fields Millburn and Ryan Nicodemus
12. “The Simple Guide to a Minimalist Life,” Leo Babauta
13. “Stuffocation: Why We’ve Had Enough of Stuff and Need Experience More Than Ever,” James Wallman
14. “Living Well Spending Less: 12 Secrets of the Good Life,” Ruth Soukup
15. “Walden,” Henry David Thoreau
17. “7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess,” Jen Hatmaker
18. “Living the Simple Life: A Guide to Scaling Down and Enjoying More,” Elaine St. James
19. “The House That Cleans Itself: 8 Steps to Keep Your Home Twice as Neat in Half the Time,” Mindy Starns Clark
22. “Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less,” Greg McKeown
23. “Your Money or Your Life: Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial MORE,” Joseph R. Dominguez
24. “Enough: Finding More by Living with Less,” Will Jr. Davis
25. “Clutterfree with Kids: Change your thinking. Discover new habits. Free your home,” Joshua Becker
Don’t forget my FREE ebook, too, The Ultimate Toy Storage Handbook! Grab it here!
Unlock Your FREE Copy!
Enter your email address and your free copy of "The Ultimate Toy Storage Handbook" is headed your way!
I don’t consider this to be a comprehensive list, but I think these books may be a great place to start and Audible makes it easy to listen on the go. There are also many TED Talks, podcasts and blogs devoted to the topic of Minimalism. I’ve really been enjoying the podcast by The Minimalists. Share your favorite source for inspiration on becoming Minimalist in the comment section below.
Which book would you add to this list? Tell me in the comments below!
PIN IT FOR LATER >>